Monday, November 19, 2007

Monday is starting slowly...

So a couple of photos to prove I still have things on the needles *grin*

I cast this on on friday, 3 strands of frog tree sport alpaca, pattern is Lady Eleanor, this is going to be *huge* and *warm* - and I have discovered I'm either allergic to alpaca (which is what I am fearing) or to something in the processing, I itch - but it is turning out so beautifully I can't stop! - frogged back one line of squares last night, as I discovered that I can't necessarily count and watch tv perfectly. Oh - and this was my first attempt at knitting back rather than turning and purling, at this point I am not turning the work at all, just charging back and forth - yeah!!!

This I cast on a couple of weeks ago, and charged through, Dreams in Colour is wonderful to work with! - It was made up as I went along, and is sufficiently comfortable and functional that I am going to do another with minor mods, which may make it as far as the writing down phase!

Life improved some, hopefully I will post more regularly from here out.

1 comment:

Valerie Polichar said...

Lady Eleanor is looking beautiful! I have a similar reaction to angora (rather than alpaca), and am surprised to hear it in alpaca -- hopefully when you wash it it will wash anything allergenic out. It's sooo pretty. I must learn the trick of knitting backwards, it makes entrelac so much more reasonable.

Pretty wrap, too... you are definitely pumpin' out the knits. (I kept typing 'pumpkin' instead of 'pumpin', owing to the season, I think ;-) )