Tuesday, August 21, 2007

hmm... this is going to take practice...

So - I finished the bag, and felted it - but I forgot to take pictures in the intermediate stage of knitted but unfelted! - now I feel like an idiot! - It's at home on a combination of a bowl from the kitchen, and a bunch of socks, and my bedroom wastepaper basket, drying to the shape I want it, it came out very nicely even for my first ever attempt at felting, although I let the washing machine rinse it, which I think was a mistake, if I had gone ahead and rinsed it by hand that last inch of shrink wouldn't have happened...! - so - photo's when I get home, I promise.

Also sock continues being cheerful, and I started a new project, clapotis from knitty... in silk - I just hope it is going to behave when I start letting the ladders run - it occurred to me rather late last night that the silk may slide too easily... The yarn is Regal Silk handpainted, by Art Yarns, it's really nice to work with...

1 comment:

Valerie Polichar said...

Clapotis is a great project. I made mine from a gorgeous wool/silk combo. It's great fun, too... I'm sure you'll do well with the silk.